Friday, June 7, 2013

Not quite a born again triathlete

Confession time.

I haven't been swimming since June of LAST YEAR.  Yeah, I was pregnant then...and now that fetus is a 10 month old kid.  And I have yet to swim a lap.

Up until this week, I also had not ridden my bike outside since sometime shortly after Steelhead...in 2008.  The bike, she needs a tune up.  The rider...well, let's just say I swore a lot on that first ride.

To make up for all of my multisport lacking ways I turned the comeback ride into a comeback brick and ran a mile off of the bike.  In 8:47.  What?!

Luckily, I have a 10k trail race tomorrow for which I am woefully undertrained so my super stoked bad ass attitude will turn to mud around mile 3.

No time like the present to giddy up!

3 comments:

Meggan Johnson said...

HOLY CRAP! That's AWESOME!

LZ said...

That's so awesome!! Way to go rock star!!

Theia said...

Way to jump back in!