Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 - the year of ?

I'm cutting it close getting these 'on paper' before the clock strikes midnight welcoming day 2 of 2014!  I wish I was more eloquent sometimes, but it is what it is folks.  Straight, no chaser.

Life goals:
Return to the work force aka give up the stay at home gig.  For many reasons too personal to list this is a big goal, a need and a terrifying endeavor.  I'm hoping lady luck is on my side...and maybe a Kleenex sponsor.

Financial goals:
I saw something ridiculously easy and obvious last year about saving that struck my fancy.  It's about matching dollars with the week number, save $1 week 1, $5 week 5, $48 week 48...you get the picture.  At the end of 52 weeks you (if you followed the $) will have $1,378.  Not bad for a year end contribution to Christmas, a vacation or an IRA.

Triathlon goals:
3 sprints.  I've decided on 2 of the 3 and am on the hunt for an early season one that fits the bill.  I haven't run in 10 weeks and may already be biting off more than my run legs can chew, but I know that my body can cover a 5k at some speed.  Rather than sign up for a full aquabike (which may or may not have crossed my mind...repeatedly), I'm keeping it short and sweet so that I can accommodate all aspects of my life.

Running goals:
Run.  Seriously, just being able to go out for a run without thinking about it will be pretty damn awesome.  I am going to run a 4k trail race in late March and a 5k on the 4th of July.  Everything else is wait and see.

Specific and Measurable goals:
34 miles of swimming (I should probably get in the water)
500 miles of outdoor biking
Ride Around Torch 'race' - 27 mile distance
20 hrs on the trainer before my birthday in March
Yoga once a week

And the obvious:
Stronger, thinner, richer...

But most of all, be present and act with purpose.

1 comment:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Those look like some great goals, hope you have a great 2014!